Ballet Advanced 1
- Completed Advanced Foundation, or equivilant, to exam standard
- Students wishing to sit the RAD Advanced 1 exam must have passed the RAD Intermediate ballet exam (Advanced Foundation exam is not compulsory)
- Uniform Requirements:
Exam leotard: Royal Blue "Rani" style leotard Ballet tights Pink leather ballet shoes Demi-Pointe shoes Pointe shoes Male students - teacher will advise
- Advanced One ballet is our fourth "senior school" level ballet class and the fourth RAD major examination. Students are further coached on the fundamental steps, linking steps and combinations of classical and free-movement ballet styles, as well as beginning to learn more complicated ballet steps. Pointe work is continued and increased slightly at this level. Exercises and combinations have a strong focus on technique, detail, style and performance.
- At this senior level, those wishing to sit exams are required to have a strong dedication to their work.
- Students in Advanced 1 ballet have the opportunity to enter a RAD Examination, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital. Students wishing to sit the Intermediate RAD examination are required to attend at least three exam classes per week during term times. Additional classes are also strongly advised.
- Progression: Advanced 1 ballet progresses on to Advanced 2.