Contemporary Beginners (9-12years)
- Recommended Age: 9 - 12 years
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Bronwyn" style leotard Black 3/4 tights Tan coloured "foot thongs" Firm fitting plain black top may be worn over leotard Male students - teacher will advise
- Beginners contemporary is our first/second level contemporary class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the modern contemporary dance style. Exercises and combinations focus on technique, breathing, style and performance.
- Students may stay in "Beginner" for more than one year - however the level of work will increase to meet the requirements of the students.
- Students in Beginners contemporary have the opportunity to enter a JDNZ Examination, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Beginners contemporary progresses on to Preparatory contemporary.