Contemporary Preparatory (11-14years)
- Recommended Age: 11 - 14 years
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Bronwyn" style leotard Black 3/4 tights Tan coloured "foot thongs" Firm fitting plain black top may be worn over leotard Male students - teacher will advise
- Preparatory contemporary is our second level contemporary class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the modern contemporary dance style. Exercises and combinations focus on technique, breathing, style and performance.
- Students may stay in "Preparatory" for more than one year - however the level of work will increase to meet the requirements of the students.
- Students in Preparatory contemporary have the opportunity to enter a JDNZ Examination, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Preparatory contemporary progresses on to Junior contemporary.