- Recommended Age Range as of January: 4.5 - 6 years old
- Minimum age for this class is 5 years old by June 30th.
- Students with little or no dance experience may need to trial a few different levels to find the best class
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the school/teacher and will depend on previous dance experience, exams passed, ability and age. Please contact the office for further information.
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Chloe" style leotard Black "V" front jazz shorts Black leather jazz shoes Black leggings (optional for winter months) Male students - teacher will advise
- Beginners Jazz is our entry level jazz class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the modern jazz style. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Students in Beginners have the opportunity to enter a NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Beginners Jazz progresses on to Pre Junior Jazz.