Jazz Pre Grade JDNZ
- Recommended Age Range as of January: 7.5 - 10 years old
- Minimum age for this class is 8 years old by June 30th.
- Students with little or no dance experience may need to trial a few different levels to find the best class
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the school/teacher and will depend on previous dance experience, exams passed, ability and age. Please contact the office for further information.
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Bronwyn" style leotard Black "V" front jazz shorts Black leather jazz shoes Black leggings (optional for winter months) Male students - teacher will advise
- Pre Grade Jazz is our forth level jazz class. Students are taught the fundamental steps and "linking" steps of the modern jazz style through the Jazz Dance New Zealand (JDNZ) syllabus. These steps are also incorporated into longer sequences that provide a basis for learning and remembering combinations. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Students in Pre Grade have the opportunity to enter a JDNZ Exam, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Pre Grade Jazz progresses on to Grade 1 Jazz.