Jazz Pre Junior
- Recommended Age Range as of January: 5.5 - 7 years old
- Minimum age for this class is 6 years old by June 30th.
- Students with little or no dance experience may need to trial a few different levels to find the best class
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the school/teacher and will depend on previous dance experience, exams passed, ability and age. Please contact the office for further information.
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Chloe" style leotard Black "V" front jazz shorts Black leather jazz shoes Black leggings (optional for winter months) Male students - teacher will advise
- Pre Junior Jazz is our second level jazz class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the modern jazz style. "Linking" steps are also introduced. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Students in Pre Junior have the opportunity to enter a NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Pre Junior Jazz progresses on to Junior Jazz.