Jazz Rosette NZAMD
- Recommended Age: 6.5 - 8 years
- * The above recommended age can vary due to factors including students previous dance experience, ability and class availability.
- Uniform Requirements:
Black "Chloe" style leotard Black "V" front jazz shorts Black leather jazz shoes Black leggings (optional for winter months)
- Rosette Jazz is our third-forth level jazz class. Students are taught the fundamental steps and "linking" steps of the modern jazz style through the New Zealand Association of Modern Dance syllabus (NZAMD). These steps are also incorperated into longer sequences that provide a basis for learning and remembering combinations. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Rosette has been introduced in our school as a bridge year for students who have completed Pre Junior Jazz but may not quite be ready for Junior Jazz.
- Students in Rosette have the opportunity to enter a NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Rosette Jazz progresses on to Junior Jazz.