Jazz, Hip Hop and Contemporary Exams
NB: Exams are optional
Please note all students sitting JDNZ Jazz Exams need tan shimmer tights please (available from Farmers)
- Friday August 31st – at the Papanui Studio
- Saturday September 1st – at Ladbrooks Hall
- Sunday September 2nd – at the Papanui Studio
- Monday September 3rd – at the Papanui Studio
Extra Lesson Timetable for Jazz Students:
- Ladbrooks and Lincoln Students
- Papanui and Sumner Students
- MOCK EXAMS – Papanui and Sumner students will have their mock exam on either August 12th or August 26th, Ladbrooks and Lincoln students on August 25th
- Papanui and Sumner Students – Sunday August 12th (if you cannot find your child’s group on this day please check Sunday 26th timetable)
- Ladbrooks and Lincoln students – Saturday August 25th
- Papanui and Sumner students – Sunday August 26th (if you cannot find your child’s group on this day please check Sunday 12th timetable)
Examiner: Mrs Edley
Fees: We do not invoice for exam fees – these are just to be paid if wishing to enter.
Entry Forms: Entries are now closed. Late entries may be accepted with a late fee. Please contact the office for details.
Entries Due: Friday May 4th
Conditions of Entry:
- Attend required weekly lessons:
- Students Pre Grade to Grade 2 Jazz need to reguarly attend one exam class per week. during terms 1, 2 and 3.
- Students Grade 3 – Grade 6 Jazz need to reguarly attend one exam class per week during terms 1, 2 and 3 and are advised to take at least one ballet class or jazz extension class alongside their regular jazz lesson.
- Students from Pre Major Jazz and up are required to regularly attend one exam class per week during terms 1, 2 and 3 and at least one other lesson. A Ballet class and/or Jazz Extension class is advised at this level.
- Hip Hop and Contemporary students need to regulary attend one exam class per week during terms 1, 2 and 3.
- Students must reach exam standard – teachers will advise.
- All students entering JDNZ Jazz exams will be required to attend a minimum of 6 extra lessons in term three. There will be an additional fee of $60 for these lessons. Extra lessons for some grades may start in term 2. If you are not able to attend a set extra lesson time – please contact the office to organise a possible alternative.
- If there are only one or two students sitting an exam level – these students will either have the choice to travel to another location for their 6 extra lessons (e.g. Papanui students attend a Ladbrooks lesson for the $60 fee) or they may organise private lessons for a higher cost -which will be worked out purely to cover teachers time etc.
- All Students entering JDNZ Hip Hop and/or Contemporary exams may be required to attend extra lessons – your teacher will advise.
- All students entering JDNZ exams will be required to attend their Mock Exam.
- Students may be required to attend private lessons at the request of their teacher.
- Timetables are set by JDNZ. We make the request to hold our exams for Ladbrooks students on the Saturday of exam weekend (at Ladbrooks Hall), however can not be in control of the full timetable. Exams for all other students are held at our Papanui studio.
- If you can not guarantee being available on ALL dates above, please do not be disappointed if you end up unavailable for you exam time.
- No refunds will be given for change of mind or if you can not attend your exam time.
- If a student is unwell or injured on their exam day, a medical certificate will be required in order to organise a credit with JDNZ.
- If you would prefer for your child to sit an in-school run assessment instead of an exam, please talk to your teacher.
- No entries will be accepted if any term fees or other payments are outstanding.
- No entries will be accepeted without the completed entry form and full payment or entry fees.
Prices include examination fee set by the JDNZ, mock exam and all exam day related costs – $15.00 admin, $5.00 music fee, $5.00 studio/hall hire and $5.00 miscellaneous costs.
Please check with your teacher if you are unsure of your level.
|JAZZ LEVEL||JAZZ EXAM FEE
||HIP HOP LEVEL||HIP HOP EXAM FEE
||CONTEMP. LEVEL||CONTEMP. EXAM FEE|
|Pre Grade||$70.00||Junior Bronze||$56.00||Junior Bronze||$56.00|
|Grade 1||$72.00||Junior Silver||$58.00||Junior Silver||$58.00|
|Grade 2||$74.00||Junior Gold||$60.00||Junior Gold||$60.00|
|Grade 3||$76.00||Intermediate Bronze||$62.00||Intermediate Bronze||$62.00|
|Grade 4||$78.00||Intermediate Silver||$64.00||Intermediate Silver||$64.00|
|Grade 5||$80.00||Intermediate Gold||$66.00||Intermediate Gold||$66.00|
|Grade 6||$82.00||Senior Bronze||$68.00||Senior Bronze||$68.00|
|Pre Major||$84.00||Senior Silver||$70.00||Senior Silver||$70.00|
|Major||$86.00||Senior Gold||$72.00||Senior Gold||$72.00|
|Intermediate||$88.00||Advanced Bronze||$74.00||Advanced Bronze||$74.00|
|Advanced||$N/A||Advanced Silver||$76.00||Advanced Silver||$76.00|
|Advanced 2||$N/A||Advanced Gold||$78.00||Advanced Gold||$78.00|