Our 2016 recitals, Petit Danseuse and Danse Fantastique, were a great success!
Many thanks to all of those involved – students, class helpers, parent volunteers and our amzing backstage crew!
DVD and HD File Orders – 2016 Recital
- HD orders are still available.
- All orders for our 2016 recitals are now being handled directly through The Video Guys. You can contact them them via email – email@example.com
2017 Recital – General Information
Our annual recital is held at the end of the year and showcases the hard work of all our students.
We begin planning our recitals in the early months of the year. Please keep an eye out for updates on this page.
The recital is a fun and exciting opportunity for students to perform onstage for family and friends.
It is a time for them to show off what they learn throughout the year.
For most it is the highlight of the dancing year. Students wear costumes and make-up and show dance(s) that they work on in class during the second part of the year.
2017 Key Dates – subject to change
- Rehearsals & Performances
- -Saturday 2nd December and Sunday 3rd December (Ladbrooks, Ferrymead, Oaklands, Tai Tapu and Lincoln students)
- – Saturday 9th December and Sunday 10th December (Papanui students)
- Recital Registration Form Due Date – TBC
- Class Dance Put-Together Rehearsals (selected classes only) – Sunday 18th &/or Sunday 25th November
Rehearsals: Attending rehearsals means that children will feel more at ease during their recital. They will be more comfortable dancing in a new area. They will be familiar with the set of the stage and with having other performers around them.
To ensure the performances run smoothly, our student are asked to attend rehearsals in the weeks leading up to their recital. Most students will have to take part in TWO extra rehearsals – A full show put-together as well as a theater rehearsal.