- Location – Isaac Theatre Royal
- All term fees must be paid in full before recital day, including any late entry fees
- Our annual recital is held at the end of the year and showcases the hard work of all our students. The recital is a fun and exciting opportunity for students to perform onstage for family and friends. For most it is the highlight of the dancing year.
Recital Terms and Conditions
- All Students need to:
- Attend regular class lessons
- Attend any extra lessons scheduled
- Attend all rehearsals
- Participate in all performances your class is scheduled for (unless alternative arrangements are approved)
- All caregivers need to:
- Read all information about the recital that is given in paper form or posted on the website
- Check the website regularly for updates and new information
- Any exceptions to the above are at the discretion of the school
Recital Information 2018 (Please read and print)
Day Performance Times
11am Performance, December 9:
- All Pre School classes – Papanui,Ladbrooks,Ferrymead
- Ballet: All Pre Syllabus, Pre Primary and Primary (Papanui, Oaklands,Lincoln, Ferrymead Grade 1 Ferrymead and Papanui / All Pre Ele Ballet / Intermediate Ballet, Advanced Ballet, Grade 3,4,5 Ballet Ladbrooks
- Jazz: All Beginner, Pre Junior, Junior(Papanui and Lincoln) / Pre Grade Papanui / Pre Major, Intermediate Sumner and Ladbrooks
2.30pm Performance, December 9:
- Ballet: Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Pre Ele from Ladbrooks, Lincoln, Oaklands / Pre Ele Ferrymead
Junior & Senior Open, Intermediate, Adv F Papanui
- Jazz: Pre Grade Jazz (Lincoln)Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Pre Major, Ladbrooks, Lincoln, Sumner / Intermediate Ladbrooks, Jazz extension Ladbrooks, Sumner, Ladbrooks/ Major, Senior Pap, Senior Extension TBC
- Contemporary: All contemporary classes from Ladbrooks, Sumner / Senior Papanui
6.30pm Performance, December 9:
- Ballet: Grades 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Foundation, Inter Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Junior and Senior Open (Papanui)
- Jazz: Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Pre Major, Major, Senior, Performance class, Jazz Extension(Papanui)
- Hip Hop and Contemporary: All Papanui classes / Senior Contemp Ladbrooks
Importance of Rehearsals:
Attending rehearsals means that children will feel more at ease during their recital. They will be more comfortable dancing in a new area. They will be familiar with the set of the stage and with having other performers and side of stage helpers around them.
If a child misses a rehearsal it does not only impact on them, but the other children in their group who can become disorientated.
To ensure the performances run smoothly, our student are asked to attend rehearsals in the weeks leading up to their recital. Most students will have to take part in TWO or THREE extra rehearsals – A full show put-together as well as a theatre rehearsal and a possible “put-together” rehearsal if dancing with another class.
SUNDAY 28 OCTOBER – AT OUR PAPANUI STUDIO
Apologies for the delay in confirming the times for the combined class practises as mentioned in the Recital Newsletter #2. It has been a little bit of a mission to co-ordinate times and availability with the various teachers involved.
Please put these times on your calendar as it makes a huge difference to their on stage performance when they attend the rehearsals.
10.00- 12.00 MIDDAY Grade 5 Jazz – Sumner
Grade 5 Jazz – Ladbrooks
Grade 4 Jazz – Ladbrooks
10.00-11.00AM Pre Syllabus – Lincoln
Pre Syllabus – Ferrymead
11.00-12.00MIDDAY Pre Grade Jazz – Lincoln
Grade 1 Jazz – Sumner
1-2.30PM Pre Elementary – Ladbrooks
Pre Elementary – Ferrymead