Ballet Advanced Foundation
- Completed RAD Intermediate ballet, or equivilant, standard exam standard
- Students wishing to sit the RAD Advanced Foundation exam must have passed RAD Intermediate ballet
- Uniform Requirements:
Exam leotard: Royal Blue "Rani" style leotard* Ballet tights Pink leather ballet shoes Demi-Pointe shoes Pointe shoes Male students - teacher will advise
- Advanced Foundation ballet is our third "senior school" level ballet class and the third RAD vocational examination. Students are further coached on the fundamental steps, linking steps and combinations of classical and free-movement ballet styles, as well as beginning to learn more complicated ballet steps. Basic pointe work is continued and increased slightly at this level. Exercises and combinations have a strong focus on technique, detail, style and performance.
- Students in Advanced Foundation ballet have the opportunity to enter a RAD Examination, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital. Students wishing to sit the Advanced Foundation RAD examination are required to attend at least three exam classes per week during term times. Additional classes are also strongly advised.
- Progression: Advanced Foundation ballet progresses on to Advanced 1 Ballet.