Ballet Pre Primary
- Recommended Age Range as of January: 5.5 - 7 years old
- Minimum age for this class is 6 years old by June 30th.
- Students with little or no dance experience may need to trial a few different levels to find the best class
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the school/teacher and will depend on previous dance experience, exams passed, ability and age. Please contact the office for further information.
- Uniform Requirements
Pink "Chloe" ballet dress Ballet tights Pink ballet socks (optional) Pink leather ballet shoes Male students - teacher will advise
- Pre Primary ballet is our second-year level ballet class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the classical ballet style through a combination of British Ballet Organisation (BBO) and Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabi. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Students in Pre Primary have the opportunity to enter a Internal Assessment, NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Pre Primary ballet progresses on to Primary ballet.