Ballet Pre Syllabus
- Recommended Age Range as of January: 4.5 - 6 years old
- Minimum age for this class is 5 years old by June 30th.
- Students with little or no dance experience may need to trial a few different levels to find the best class
- Exceptions are at the discretion of the school/teacher and will depend on previous dance experience, exams passed, ability and age. Please contact the office for further information.
- Uniform Requirements:
Pink "Chloe" style ballet dress Ballet tights Pink ballet socks (optional) Pink leather ballet shoes Male students - teacher will advise
- Pre Syllabus ballet is our entry level ballet class. Students are taught the fundamental steps of the classical ballet style through a combination of British Ballet Organisation (BBO) and Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) syllabi. Exercises have a focus on technique, style and performance.
- Students in Pre Syllabus have the opportunity to enter a NZAMD Medal Test and/or to perform in our annual End of Year Recital.
- Progression: Pre Syllabus ballet progresses on to Pre Primary ballet.