RAD GRADE AND VOCATIONAL EXAMS AND CLASS AWARDS
NB: All ballet exams are optional
Exam Date: 2019 TBC
- Exams are usually held mid-late September
Timetables: 2019 TBC
Fees: We do not invoice for exam fees – these are just to be paid if wishing to enter. Please see below for prices.
2018 Examiner: TBC
- EXAMINATIONS are passed on a Pass/Fail structure. Students preform exercises and two dances that are worked on through terms 1-3 for an examiner who then grades them out of 100%.
- CLASS AWARDS are an assessment that use a “tick-box” structure to show the progress of the student. Students preform certain exercises and 1 or 2 dances that are worked on through terms 1-3 for an examiner.
Conditions of Entry:
- Attend required weekly lessons during terms 1, 2 and 3:
- Grade 1 to grade 5 students are required to attend at least two one hour syllabus ballet class lessons each week.
- Grade grade 6 -8 students are required to attend one syllabus class and one other classical class each week.
- Intermediate foundation students are required to attend three ballet classes per week and at least open open class.
- Intermediate – Advanced students are required to attend four ballet classes a week (including opening pointe) and at least one open class.
- Students must reach exam standard – teachers will advise.
- From Grade 3 we recommend they attend a stretch and conditioning class.
- All exam students will need to attend extra classes or private lessons if required closer to their exam and a mock exam.
- If you can not guarantee being available on ALL dates above, please do not be disappointed if you end up unavailable for you exam time.
- No refunds will be given for change of mind or if you can not attend your exam time.
- If you cannot attend your exam due to injury or sickness, a credit may be able to be organised with RAD if a medical certificate is provided.
- If you would prefer for your child to sit an in-school run assessment instead of an exam, please talk to your teacher.
- No entries will be accepted if any term fees or other payments are outstanding.
- No entries will be accpeted without the completed entry form and full payment or entry fees.
Entry Fees: 2019 TBC
Prices include the examination fee set by the RAD as well as exam day and mock exam day costs – excluding pianist fees for vocational exam students*
Please see your teacher if you are unsure of which exam level you are.
| RAD Grades
||Class Award Fee|
*Students sitting vocational exams – at this level a pianist is required for exams and also for practices leading up to exams. The cost of the pianist is not included in the above exam fee. The pianist fee will be set once the following variants are confirmed – the number of candidates sitting each exam, once the pianist is confirmed and what their hourly rate is and also how many practices candidates would like to have with the pianist before the exam.