NB: Medal tests are optional
Timetable: 2019 TBC
Entry Form: 2019 TBC
Entries Due: 2019 TBC
Fees: We do not invoice for medal test fees – these are just to be paid if wishing to enter. Please see below for prices.
2018 Exam Dates:
- 2019 TBC
- Generally we hold Medals for younger students late June/Early July and for middle-school – older students mid August
Entering the correct level: Medal Test Progression Chart
If this is your child’s first year entering a medal test, their class teacher will have indicated the appropriate level to enter on the indication sheets handed out towards the end of term one.
If your child has previously sat a medal test, they will progress onto the next level. Some children who have completed their junior medals may not be old enough to progress onto intermediate levels. Ballet students must be in at least Grade 4 and jazz students in at least Grade 3 to sit their intermediate bronze medal. Hip Hop and Contemporary students may enter intermediate levels at their teachers discretion.
Conditions of Entry:
- Attend required weekly lessons during terms 1, 2 and 3:
- Students sitting a Junior – Intermediate Bronze medals need to attend one exam class per week to learn their dance
- Students sitting an Intermediate Silver medal or higher need to attend one exam lesson to learn 1st dance but will need to attend a second lesson to learn the 2nd dance. (please check with your teacher) This requires two lessons per week of the same discipline.
- Students must reach required standard – teachers will advise.
- All students entering NZAMD medals will be required to attend a mock Medal Test session (to be held one weekend before Medal Test Day)
- Please do not enter the medal test unless you can be available on all the above dates.
- No refunds will be given for change of mind or if you cannot attend your medal time.
- If you cannot attend your medal test due to injury or sickness, a credit with NZAMD may be organised if a medical certificate is provided.
- No entries will be accepted if any term fees or other payments are outstanding.
- No entries will be accepted without the completed entry form and full payment or entry fees.
Entry Fees:2019 TBC
Prices include examination fee set by the NZAMD, mock medal test and all medal test day related costs – $15.00 admin fee, $5 music and studio/hall hire, $5 miscellaneous
Please check with your teacher if you are unsure of your level
|Medal Level||Medal Fee|