At Anna Lee School of Dance we give students whoi have reached a great technically and performance level with their dancing the oppotunity to preform in dance competitions.
Studernts can have the oppotunity to enter solo’s, duo’s, trios and teams.
To be Eligable to Enter Competitions:
- A certain level of technique and artistic proficiency is required
- As well as this, students must show a dedication to their dancing
- They will be required to practice their dance(s) outside of lesson time
- Regular classes must be attended
- Full competition entry requirements will be posted early 2019
2019 ALSD Competition Teams
We will be holding team auditions on Saturday 2nd February at our Papanui Studios.
- All students wishing to be in a team this year will need to be taking at least one ballet class in addition to the style of team they wish to compete in (if not ballet)
- Nadia is working of a handbook which will be available soon this will include prices, lesson times, competition dates and the ALSD terms of entering competitions
- Please be aware that being apart of a competition team is a big commitment and weekly lessons will be required – missing lessons will greatly impact the success of the team and can cause stress and a lack of team pride for other students and teachers
Timetable: Saturday 2nd February
12:30pm – 1:30pm Ballet (14 years and under as of 27.9.19)
1:30pm – 2:30pm Junior Jazz (12 years and under as of 17.4.19)
2:30pm – 3:45pm Intermediate Jazz (11-14 years – under 15 years as of 27.9.19)
3:45pm – 4:45pm Senior Jazz (15 years and over – younger dancers by invitation)
4:45pm – 6:00pm Contemporary Dancers (12 years and over)
Any further questions to Nadia White please email@example.com
General Competition Information
We are very supportive of any students who may wish to enter in dance competitions.
Competitions are an excellent for encouraging students to extend their dance abilities, as well as a chance to gain performance experience.
Competitions required full make up and costuming. Costumes are available for hire from the school. See here for more information.
If you child is interested in learning a dance for the competitions please let your teacher know. She/he will give you more information regarding time commitments and costs.
Your teacher will let you know whether your child is ready for competitions and, if not, what classes to attend to help reach the level required.