DRESS REHEARSAL TIMETABLE – OUT NOW
please click on link to read,view and print
Recital 2018 Sunday December 9th (Please read)
- Location – Isaac Theatre Royal – Sunday 9th December
- All term fees must be paid in full before recital day, including any late entry fees
- Our annual recital is held at the end of the year and showcases the hard work of all our students. The recital is a fun and exciting opportunity for students to perform onstage for family and friends. For most it is the highlight of the dancing year.
Recital Terms and Conditions
- All Students need to:
- Attend regular class lessons
- Attend any extra lessons scheduled
- Attend all rehearsals
- Participate in all performances your class is scheduled for (unless alternative arrangements are approved)
- All caregivers need to:
- Read all information about the recital that is given in paper form or posted on the website
- Check the website regularly for updates and new information
- Any exceptions to the above are at the discretion of the school
- 2018 Recital Registration Form (Please click and complete)
Day Performance Times
11am Performance, December 9:
- All Pre School classes – Papanui, Ladbrooks, Ferrymead
- Ballet: All Pre Syllabus, Pre Primary and Primary (Papanui, Oaklands, Lincoln, Ferrymead) / Grade 1 (Ferrymead, Papanui) / All Pre Ele Ballet / Intermediate Ballet, Advanced Ballet, Grade 3,4,5 Ballet (Ladbrooks)
- Jazz: All Beginner, Pre Junior, Junior (Papanui, Lincoln) / Pre Grade (Papanui) / Pre Major, Intermediate (Sumner, Ladbrooks)
2.30pm Performance, December 9:
- Ballet: Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Ladbrooks, Lincoln, Oaklands) / Pre Elementary (Ladbrooks, Ferrymead) / Junior & Senior Open, Intermediate, Adv F (Papanui)
- Jazz: Pre Grade Jazz (Lincoln) / Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Pre Major, (Ladbrooks , Sumner) / Intermediate (Ladbrooks) / Jazz Extension (Ladbrooks, Sumner) / Major, Senior Pap, Senior Extension (Papanui) TBC
- Contemporary: All contemporary classes (Ladbrooks, Sumner) / Senior Contemp (Papanui)
6.30pm Performance, December 9:
- Ballet: Grades 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Foundation, Inter Foundation, Intermediate, Advanced Foundation, Junior and Senior Open (Papanui)
- Jazz: Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Pre Major, Major, Senior, Performance class, Jazz Extension (Papanui)
- Hip Hop and Contemporary: All Papanui classes / Senior Contemp (Ladbrooks)
Importance of Rehearsals:
Attending rehearsals means that children will feel more at ease during their recital. They will be more comfortable dancing in a new area. They will be familiar with the set of the stage and with having other performers and side of stage helpers around them.
If a child misses a rehearsal it does not only impact on them, but the other children in their group who can become disorientated.
To ensure the performances run smoothly, our student are asked to attend rehearsals in the weeks leading up to their recital. Most students will have to take part in TWO or THREE extra rehearsals – A full show put-together as well as a theatre rehearsal and a possible “put-together” rehearsal if dancing with another class.
Other End of Year Goodies:
December is a busy month in the lead up to Christmas! Wondering how you are going to find time to organise those last minute presents? Here are a couple of things that might make the silly season a little easier!!!